Our real estate practice serves a diverse clientele, including developers, lenders, property owners, purchasers, contractors, brokers, landlords, tenants and investors. Through our broad experience and understanding of our clients’ needs, our goal is the cost-efficient, professional and expedient handling of transactions. We have extensive experience in providing representation of our foreign and domestic clients in commercial and residential real estate transactions, including real estate and sporting club development. Our services include all aspects of real estate purchases and sales (including NYC condominium and cooperative units), as well as the negotiation and preparation of commercial real property leases for retail establishments, restaurants and other businesses.
Illustrative transactions include:
- Representing a real estate developer in projects in the Bahamas, Georgia, Wyoming, Turks and Caicos and West Virginia.
- Representing foreign banks and other commercial clients in securing office leases in New York and other states.
- Representing the owner of New York City buildings in its leasing transactions.
- Representing a foreign bank in the sale of four Manhattan buildings.
- Representing the purchaser of a furniture business, including retail leases in New York and California.
- Representing U.S. and foreign principals and investors in the preparation of partnership agreements and limited liability agreements for purchase and development of commercial real estate.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in commercial mortgage transactions including the issuance of third-party legal opinions.
- Representing sellers and purchasers in numerous transactions involving cooperative apartments, condominiums and private homes in the New York metropolitan area.